Earlier this week the kids finally got one of their dreams to come true. We took them to Legoland waterpark here in Dubai.
It was a hot day +42 degrees (it is only getting hotter now) as we entered to Dubai Parks and Resorts theme park after mid day. At the waterpark itself we were (as always) well covered with UV shirts and caps, sun glasses but it did feel HOT until we got into the pools! Since there is more or less always some breeze in Dubai, it did not feel stirring hot during they day while we were splashing.
I did not count how many times we refilled our Lego drinking bottles, but it was MANY for sure. Staying hydrated enough was my biggest concern, but it seemed nothing to worry about.
There were many more pools and slides than I had expected, the kids and us adults LOVED our day at the park, at the bottom I have listed some things that we loved or which irritated us for a moment, we just need to be more prepared for the next visit 😉
- Refill possibility for the drinks! A bottle with a strap was a big hit.
- This place is definitely the best option in town for a family with the kids that are around 4 and 7 years old. So much to do together compared to other water parks that we have been to.
- Our 7 year old is (finally) over 110cm and was allowed to go in many slides alone, happy to see that the limit was not 120cm as at the theme park itself.
- First Aid room had eye wash for irritated eyes, thank you!
- Possibility to buy (59dhs) or rent a towel (40dhs)
- Lego shop had great sales! And there is a great selection for swim goggles, swim wear, caps etc.
- Code lockers, these lockers are 3 different sizes and 45-55-65 ohs respectively (CASH ONLY)
- Drinking bottles with a strap and the size of it
- FRUIT SALAD at the restaurants!
- This time of the year there were no queues, and since it was a weekday. During a busy weekend during Dubai winter it might be a completely different story.
Room for improvement:
- Air-conditioned tram from and to the parking during summer time is a MUST especially for the families with babies
- We had purchased all inclusive package “A ll you can eat and drink” to avoid carrying money or cards with us once by the pools: The package does NOT include ice cream, for example soft ice or hot drinks, only soft drinks and water. Always remember to read the small print!
- Shampoo/soap dispensers to the showers would be a nice add on. I know, we are spoiled in Dubai, but it is more or less impossible for this mama to remember to bring toiletries to waterparks.
- The place has been open only for few months, we were surprised to see how many places e.g. floors, walls were already worn out. Acknowledging the sun and sand combination, therefore preventive maintenance should be ongoing.
- ATM! There is supposed to be an ATM at Legoland, we did see it, but not sure if it was functioning. We were instead guided to Riverland ATM. We needed some cash since the machine for the code lockers is CASH ONLY, realized this after we had changed into swimsuits…
- No indoor restaurant, somehow expecting this as an option in an extreme weather climate.
Legoland water park opening hours:
Summer timings: Sunday to Saturday :10am – 7pm
There are many kinds of deals and offers for tickets, best deals available are often online tickets.
We have once earlier visited Legoland theme park in Dubai, you can check out that adventure from here: Legoland Dubai